Race Rules & Regulations
- Swimmers must wear the given swimming cap.
- Wetsuit is not permitted. Two-piece swimwear/bikini is also not allowed (local authority requirement).
- A safety swimming buoy is compulsory.
- No swimmer shall be permitted to use or wear any device which may be an aid to their speed, endurance, or buoyancy. Swimsuit, rash guard, compression wear, goggles, nose clip, and earplugs may be used.
- To complete the race, swimmers must start at the flag-off point, follow the route
according to your category, complete the course by swimming through the funnel and touch the finishing pad with the hand with the timing chip.
- Please cooperate with the finishing judges if they ask for your BIB number upon touching the pad.
- In water, swimmers can always hold onto the swimming safety buoy anytime for resting or while waiting for a flag-off.
- Swimmers who do not finish the course within the time limit shall be removed from the water, however the race director may allow a swimmer outside the time limit to complete the course.
- All swimmers shall have their competition number clearly displayed on their arms. Additional marking on swim caps for swimmers wearing long sleeves.
- There are turning judges at each turning point to monitor and to report any rule breached.
- The red flag will be shown to the swimmer after receiving a yellow flag previously due to a flagrant foul and they will be disqualified.
- If in the opinion of the referee, any swimmer, or swimmer’s approved representative, takes advantage of committing any violation of the rules or by making intentional contact with any swimmer, the following proceeding shall apply:
– 1st infringement: A yellow flag and a card bearing the swimmer’s number shall be raised to indicate and to inform the swimmer that they are in violation of the rules.
– 2nd infringement: A red flag and a card bearing the swimmer’s number shall be
raised by the referee to indicate and to inform the swimmer that they are in
violation of the rules for the 2 nd time. The swimmer shall be disqualified. They
must leave the water immediately and be placed in an escort craft and take no
further part in the race.
Timing-Chip, Safety Buoy and Cap
- You will be provided with 1 timing-chip to be worn on the wrist.
- In the event you lose your timing chip during the swim, please continue swimming to the finish line and immediately inform the finishing judges after touching the finishing pad.
- Please use the hand strapped with the timing chip to touch the finishing pad.
- A safety buoy is compulsory. This is to comply with local authority requirements.
- Must wear a provided cap.